What's inside this article:
- Basic information
- Start editing
- Add widgets
- Use layout builder
- Preview on different devices
- Manage versions
- Publish the YMAL
- Assign the YMAL to a Category
A You Might Also Like (YMAL) is a collection of widgets visible below the main content on content pages. The purpose is to keep visitors on your site by offering more content that might be of interest.
YMAL is assigned at Category level. For more information, go to the following section:
Review every available YMAL that is created for your site via Sections > You Might Also Like.
Select + Add new to create a new YMAL. Alternatively, hit the title for an existing item to start editing it.
Widgets are the visual elements used to create a YMAL. You can add any of the following widgets on a YMAL:
- Content widget
- FactCheck widget
- HTML widget
- Live blog widget
- Manual stream widget
- Multimedia widget
- Podcast widget
- Poll widget
- Subscription widget
- Trends widget
To create a new widget, locate your chosen widget type under Widgets in the left panel. Then, drag and drop the box to your preferred position on the page.
You can also add an existing widget from the Widget library. For more information, see the following article:
The following widgets are commonly used on YMALs:
- Trends: Can be configured to list the most-viewed items from the Category where the YMAL is assigned.
- Content: Can be configured to promote the latest items from the Category where the YMAL is assigned.
More information about these widgets is available in the following articles:
Layout blocks run horizontally across the page. Each block includes one or more slots for inserting widgets. In the screenshot below, a 4-column layout block with 4 widget slots is highlighted.
By default, a YMAL includes only 4-column layout blocks. Swap the default layout blocks via Layout in the top-right corner. If preferred, you can add 3-column layout blocks. More information here:
Use the options under Breakpoint preview to check how the YMAL will look on devices with different screen sizes. The following options are available:
- L = Desktop
- M = Tablet
- S = Mobile
You can manage the cloned versions of a YMAL under Versions in the left panel.
Creating a cloned version lets you edit the YMAL privately without impacting the published version. Detailed information is available here:
Before publishing a YMAL, you need to complete the required settings:
- Hit Settings in the top-right corner.
- Update the Localize title (can be in any language). The Localize title is only visible in Pangea CMS. Ticking the box next to Localize title has no effect.
- Update the English Name (must be in English). The English Name is only visible in Pangea CMS. Using English ensures the name is universally recognizable.
- Select Public under Status.
- Hit Save Settings to confirm and apply your preferences.
The YMAL is now published. However, it is not visible on the public site until you assign it to a Category.
Each Category can have one assigned YMAL. The assigned YMAL is visible:
To assign a YMAL to a Category:
- Go to Settings > Categories (Zones).
- Select the Category where you want to assign the YMAL.
- Under You Might Also Like, select the YMAL you want to assign.
- Hit Save to confirm and apply your preferences.
The YMAL is now visible on content pages from the Category.