What's inside this article:
- About Poll widgets
- Poll widget layout
- Start editing a widget
- Set the widget content
- Configure the widget settings
- Preview the widget
- Set the status and save the widget
- Further recommendations
About Poll widgets
What is a Poll?
A Poll lets you run a public survey on your site. Effective use of Polls can increase audience engagement and encourage visitors to return to your site.
For information about creating a Poll, see the following article:
What is a Poll widget?
A Poll widget lets you display a previously created Poll directly on a website item (such as a Section or Region). Via a Poll widget, visitors can conveniently vote and check the results without opening a new page. We recommend sharing each Poll on a Poll widget to increase visibility and participation.
Where can I display a Poll widget?
Poll widgets can be included on any of the following website items:
- You Might Also Like 2.0
A Poll widget can also be embedded on external sites and content pages. For information, see the following article:
Can I preview a Poll widget before publishing it?
Yes. When you create a new Poll widget, the Preview screen appears after you set the Content and Settings. Via the Preview screen, you can check how the widget will look on desktop, tablet, and mobile. More information here:
Can I display the same Poll widget in multiple places?
Yes. The Widget library lets you create a single Poll widget that can be included on multiple website items. For detailed information, see the following article:
Poll widget layout
Each Poll widget uses the same layout. Before a visitor votes in the Poll, the widget includes the following elements:
- (A): Question
- (B): Possible answers
- (C): Current votes
- (D): Vote button
After a visitor has voted, or if the Poll has closed, the widget includes all elements except the Vote button (shown below).
All the Poll settings need to be completed on the Poll edit screen before creating the Poll widget. More information here:
Start editing a widget
This article assumes that the edit screen for the Poll widget (shown below) is already open. For basic information about creating a new widget, see the following article:
Set the widget content
In the Content section, set which Poll will be displayed on the widget. First, you need to select a mode. The mode controls how the Poll is chosen.
The following modes are available for a Poll widget:
- Auto: The widget will display the most recently published Poll that meets your defined criteria (for example, the latest Poll from a particular Category). The Poll will be replaced automatically when a new Poll is published that meets your defined criteria.
- Manual: The widget will display any Poll from your site that you manually select. The Poll will not be replaced unless the widget is manually updated.
For information about using your chosen mode, see the relevant article below:
After setting the widget content, hit Next to configure the widget settings.
Configure the widget settings
In the Settings section, you can adjust the following settings:
- Add a Header that is displayed above the widget.
- Adjust the default Widget name that is used to identify the widget in Pangea CMS.
- Add a Footer link that is displayed below the widget.
For detailed information about the widget settings, see the following article:
After configuring the widget settings, hit Next to preview the widget.
Preview the widget
In the Preview section, you can check how the widget will look when it is published on the site. Select Desktop, Tablet, or Mobile in the left panel to preview the page on different devices.
If you need to adjust the widget content or settings, select an option in the left panel to return to the relevant screen.
When you are satisfied, set the status and save the widget.
Set the status and save the widget
Before saving the widget, choose your preferred option in the Status drop-down menu:
- Enabled: The widget is visible on the public website when it is used on a website item with the Public status.
- Disabled: The widget is not visible on the public website but is available for editing in Pangea CMS.
Hit Save or Save & close to confirm and apply your preferences.
The following articles might be helpful: