What's inside this article:
- Basic information
- Poll widget layout
- Open the edit screen
- Set the widget content
- Configure the widget settings
- Preview the widget
- Set the status and save the widget
The Poll widget is designed to share a previously created Poll page across the website. The widget lets visitors conveniently vote and check the results without opening a new page. We recommend sharing each Poll on a Poll widget to increase visibility and participation.
You can share a Poll widget on the following website items:
Each Poll widget uses the same layout. Before a visitor votes in the Poll, the widget includes the following elements:
- (A): Question
- (B): Possible answers
- (C): Current votes
- (D): Vote button
After a visitor votes, or if the Poll has closed, the widget includes all elements except the Vote button (shown below).
All the Poll settings need to be completed on the Poll page edit screen before creating the Poll widget. For detailed information, see the following article:
This article assumes that the edit screen for the Poll widget (shown below) is already open. For basic information about creating a new widget, see the following article:
A Poll widget can promote one Poll at a time. In the Content section, specify how the promoted Poll will be selected. Choose from the following modes:
- Auto: The widget will promote the latest Poll that meets the criteria you define in the widget settings. For example, configure the widget to always promote the latest Poll from a particular Category. The widget content will update automatically when a new Poll is published that meets the defined criteria.
- Manual: The widget will promote the Poll that you manually select. The content will not change unless the widget is manually updated.
For information about using your chosen mode, see the relevant article below:
After setting the widget content, hit Next to configure the widget settings.
In the Settings section, the following options are available:
- Add a Header that is displayed above the widget.
- Adjust the default Widget name that is used to identify the widget in Pangea CMS (not visible on the public site).
- Add a Footer link that is displayed below the widget.
For detailed information about the widget settings, see the following article:
After configuring the widget settings, hit Next to preview the widget.
In the Preview section, check how the widget will look when it is published on the site. Select Desktop, Tablet, or Mobile to preview the page on different devices.
When you are satisfied, set the status and save the widget.
Before saving the widget, choose your preferred option in the Status drop-down menu:
- Enabled: The widget will be visible on the public site after you save it (provided it is included on a website item with the Public status).
- Disabled: The widget will not be visible on the public site after you save it.
Hit Save or Save & close to save the widget.