An Audio Clip page on the public website allows visitors to listen to an audio file. You can optionally enable the option for visitors to download the file.
What's inside this article:
- Open the Audio Clip edit screen
- Manage the audio file
- Manage encoded files
- Manage settings
- Add related content
- Preview the Audio Clip
- Further recommendations
To edit an existing Audio Clip:
- Find the Audio Clip you want to edit using the Pangea CMS Search tool.
- Click the title in the relevant box on the Search results screen.
The Audio Clip edit screen opens.
To manage the audio file, click Audio in the left panel.
The following options are available:
- (A): Preview: If the Audio Clip is fully uploaded and processed, the following options are available:
- Play the audio clip
- Check the length of the audio clip
- Adjust the volume during playback
- (B): Replace: Upload a new file that replaces the original file. This option is useful if the upload fails.
- (C): Embed: Copy the embed code for the Audio Clip to your clipboard. This is useful if you want to embed the audio player on another page.
- (D): Show download link: Tick this box to include a download link with the Audio Clip on the public website, allowing visitors to download the audio file.
Pangea CMS encodes each audio file immediately after the file is uploaded. During encoding, multiple versions of the file are created. These files allow the Audio Clip to be played and downloaded in different levels of quality. If you enabled the Show download link option, visitors to the public website can choose which version of the file to download.
Click Encoded files in the left panel to view the encoded files for the current Audio Clip.
Hover your cursor over the panel for a file to access the following options:
- Encoded status: View technical details about the file.
- Download: Download the file.
- Play: Play the file.
The following additional settings options are available under Settings in the left panel:
The following options are available:
- Status: Adjust the Audio Clip status.
- Publication date & time: Adjust the publication date and time that is displayed on the public website. Optionally schedule publication.
- Last update: Specify when the Audio Clip was last updated. If filled, the information is displayed on the public website.
- Title: Adjust the Audio Clip title.
- Introduction: Enter a brief introductory text that is displayed below the player on the public website.
- URL Slug: Enter a text string that is added to the URL and enhances visibility via search engines.
- Categories: Adjust the Categories that the Audio Clip is assigned to.
- Main image: Add a Main image that is displayed on the Audio Clip page on the public website.
- Main image caption: Edit the text that is displayed when a visitor scrolls over the Main image on the public website. The text is also visible to search engines and screen readers.
- Main image description: Review the internal description for the Main image. This text is not visible on the public website, but might be useful for editing the Main image caption.
Optionally configure how the Audio Clip is previewed via widgets and other pages on the public website. If you do not add Website teaser settings, the preview is generated according to the General settings.
For detailed information, refer to the following article:
Optionally configure how the Audio Clip is previewed when it is shared via social media.
For detailed information, see the following article:
Optionally add the following settings (if available):
- Authors: Add one or more names that are displayed at the top of the Audio Clip page on the public website. You can only add someone who is already listed as an Author in Pangea CMS.
- Contributors: Add one or more names that are not displayed on the public website, but are visible internally to payroll. You can only add someone who is already listed as an Author or a Photographer in Pangea CMS and has an assigned Contributor ID.
Optionally assign one or more tags to the Audio Clip page. Tags in Pangea CMS are used to conveniently identify and manage groups of content. Tags can serve the following functions:
- Configure a Content widget to only display content that is assigned a particular tag.
- Use the Pangea CMS Search tool to find only content that is assigned a particular tag.
If the Audio Clip page is saved, you can retrieve the URL. You can also add internal notes that are visible only via the Audio Clip Settings. Notes are not searchable in Pangea CMS and are not visible on the public website.
You can add a Related content widget to the Audio Clip page. A Related content widget provides links to other content published by your own service that visitors may find interesting. The widget is displayed on the right side of the screen on desktop, or below the main content on mobile devices.
Select Related content in the left panel and click Select content. For detailed instructions, refer to the following article:
If the status of the Audio Clip is Published, you can click Live site at the top of the screen to open the Audio Clip page on the public website. Regardless of the status, you can use the options under Preview in the left panel to preview the page on devices with different screen sizes (desktop, tablet, or mobile).
The following articles may be helpful: