What's inside this article:
- Upload an audio file
- Add a download link
- Complete the General settings
- Add a Main image
- Add the Audio clip as a podcast episode
- Set the status and save the Audio clip page
- Further recommendations
Upload an audio file
This article explains how to create the Audio clip page for an audio file that has already been uploaded to Pangea CMS.
For detailed information about uploading audio files, see the following article:
To start editing an Audio clip page, hit the Audio clip title on the main Search screen. For information about using Search in Pangea CMS, see the following article:
Add a download link
You can choose whether or not to include a download link on the Audio clip page. This allows website visitors to download the audio file.
To add a download link, go to Audio and tick the box next to Show download link.
Complete the General settings
To manage the General settings, hit General in the left panel.
The following settings are required:
- (A): Title: Enter the title that is displayed at the top of the Audio clip page. The title is also visible as the clickable headline on SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages).
- (B): Categories: Add the Audio clip page to at least one Category. More information here:
Optionally complete the following additional settings:
Provide a brief introductory text that describes the Audio clip. The introduction is visible below the audio player on the Audio clip page.
If no Website teaser introduction is provided, the introduction might also be visible:
- (A): When the Audio clip is promoted via widgets on the public site.
- (B): On Category archive pages that use the List with thumbnails layout
- (C): As the description when the Audio clip is listed on SERPs (Search Engine Results pages)
Enter a text string that is added to the URL and enhances visibility via search engines.
Provide text content that is visible on the Audio clip page. Basic text formatting is available (Bold, Italic,
Strikethrough, and Underline). You can also add headings and links to other pages.
Add a Main image
The Main image is displayed in the audio player. This applies on the Audio clip page and also if the Audio clip is promoted on a Multimedia widget.
If you do not add a separate Website teaser image, the Main image is also used by default to promote the Audio clip on the public site. This includes in the following places:
- When the Audio clip appears in the search results on the public site.
- When the Audio clip is listed on a Multimedia archive
- When the Audio clip is promoted via widgets
Go to the sections below for information about adding a Main image:
Attach an image
- Go to General > Main image > Select content.
- Select your preferred option:
- Internal images: Images uploaded by Pangea CMS users.
- External images: Images from external agencies - Reuters and AP (Associated Press).
- Optionally use the search filters in the left panel to narrow the results, and hit Search.
- Select + Attach (the plus icon) next to the image you want to attach.
The image appears in the Main image box.
Crop the image
If necessary, hit the Crop the image icon to crop the image. During cropping, the optimal 16:9 aspect ratio is automatically maintained to ensure the image is properly displayed on the public site.
Provide ALT text
Under Main image caption, enter text that will be applied as ALT text for the image.
ALT text is not directly visible on the site but serves the following purposes:
- Read aloud by screen readers for visually impaired visitors and visitors who are otherwise unable to see the page.
- Displayed if the image fails to load on the public site.
- Used by search engines to index the image. Effective ALT text means your images will rank higher in image searches.
The Main image description (visible only in Pangea CMS) is provided to help create the ALT text. Also hit the Image preview icon to check additional image metadata.
Add the Audio clip as a podcast episode
You can use any Audio clip as an episode of a podcast. Follow these basic steps:
- Add the relevant podcast Category as the Primary category for the Audio clip.
- Select Podcast in the left panel to assign episode labels.
For detailed information, see the following article:
Set the status and save the Audio clip page
If you want the Audio clip page to be available on the public site immediately after you save it, select Published in the Status drop-down menu. Information about statuses in Pangea CMS is available here:
To save changes to the Audio clip page, hit Save or Save & close.
Alternatively, you can schedule publication. For detailed information, see the following article:
This article contains information about the most important settings for creating an Audio clip page. For information about other options on the Audio clip edit screen, see the following articles: