What's inside this article:
- Basic information
- Run a search
- Sort results
- Set the search filters
- Clear search filters
- Image sharing between entities
This article explains how to search for images in Pangea CMS.
The information in this article is focused on the main Search screen. However, most of the information also applies for other image searches you might run in CMS (for example, when you search for an image to embed on a content page).
To run an image search:
- Select the Image tab.
- Set the search filters according to your needs.
- Hit Search.
The results refresh to include only the images that match your defined search filters.
You can also sort the results.
You can set the order of the search results via the Sort drop-down menu.
The following options are available:
- Latest modified: Images modified most recently are displayed first.
- First modified: Images modified the furthest back in time are displayed first.
- Latest published: Images uploaded most recently are displayed first.
- First published: Images uploaded the furthest back in time are displayed first.
Use filters to narrow the search results and quickly find specific images. For example, you can set the filters to see only photos taken by a specific photographer.
Find descriptions of the available filters for an image search in the sections below:
The quickest way to find a specific image is using keywords. Enter keywords in the Type to search by keywords... box.
You can enter a single word or a phrase. The results will include only items that contain your entered keywords in the following fields:
- English Title / Caption
Consider surrounding a phrase with quotes ("") for more precise results. For example, if you enter "prague being pretty" (with quotes), the results will include only items that contain this exact phrase. If you enter prague being pretty (no quotes), the results will also include items that contain just indiviudal keywords.
The current entity is selected by default under Entity & Site.
You can also search for and use images that belong to a different entity.
Select one of the following entities:
- RFE (Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty)
- VOA (Voice Of America)
- OCB (Office Of Cuba Broadcasting)
The results will include only images that belong to the selected entity (and are shared with your entity).
In the second drop-down menu under Entity & Site, one option must be selected. Based on your selection, the results will include:
- This site: Images that belong to the current site.
- All sites: Images that belong to any site from the selected entity.
- Specific site: Images that belong to the specific site you select.
Under Date, select your preferred option:
- Date taken: Filter according to the Date taken field, which is manually defined at upload.
- Date of upload: Filter according to the Uploaded field, which is defined automatically according to the time of upload.
One time period must also be selected. Based on your selection, the results will include:
- Today: Images taken / uploaded today.
- Last 24 hours: Images taken / uploaded in the last 24 hours.
- Last 7 days: Images taken / uploaded in the last 7 days.
- Last 30 days: Images taken / uploaded in the last 30 days.
- All: All valid images regardless of when they were taken / uploaded.
- Custom: Only images taken / uploaded during the custom time period you define.
Under Uploaded by, optionally select one or more CMS users. The results will only include images uploaded by one of the selected CMS users.
Click inside the box and start typing to quickly find a specific user (search based on the user's first name, last name, or username).
Under Photographers, optionally select one or more photographers. The results will only include images assigned to one of the selected photographers.
Click inside the box and start typing to quickly find a specific photographer.
If you don't select a photographer, the results might include any valid images regardless of the assigned photographer.
For information about assigning photographers to images, see the following article:
Under Sources, optionally select one or more sources. The results will only include images assigned to one of the selected sources.
Click inside the box and start typing to quickly find a specific source.
If you don't select a source, the results might include any valid images regardless of the assigned source.
No image is permanently deleted from Pangea CMS. A deleted image can always be restored.
If you tick Include Deleted Content, the results will include deleted images.
Deleted images are marked red in the search results. You can restore a deleted image via the Restore icon on the image box.
When you run a search, CMS stores the search filters and applies them for future searches. If you can't find a specific image, the results might be limited by a previous filter. Hit Clear to restore the default filters before running a new search.
Every image has an assigned source. The source is the organization where the image originated (such as Shutterstock or AP).
Some sources in CMS are shared between entities, while others are available for just one entity. The following rules apply:
- If an image belongs to another entity, but the image source is shared with your entity, you can use the image (the image will appear in search).
- If an image belongs to another entity, and the image source is not shared with your entity, you cannot use the image (the image will not appear in search).