What's inside this article:
- About embedding content items
- Embed a content item
- Examples of embedded content items
- Further recommendations
About embedding content items
Which content items can I directly embed?
You can directly embed the following content items published by your own site:
- Audio clip
- Audio feature
- Broadcast program
- Photo gallery
- Slider gallery
- Dynamic infographics
NOTE: Other content items can be embedded as See Also links. More information here:
Where can I embed content items?
You can directly embed content items into the following pages and widgets:
- Text-based content pages:
- FactCheck pages
- Feature stories
- Live blog posts
What does it mean to 'directly' embed a content item?
When a content item is directly embedded on a page, visitors interact with the item on the page where it is embedded. For example, if you embed a video into an article, visitors can play the video without leaving the article page. You can see some examples here:
Embed a content item
Follow these steps to directly embed a content item:
- Hit the Insert Embedded Content icon in CKEditor.
- Ensure Single item and Content are selected.
- Under Content type in the left panel, select the relevant content type. A list of the content types that can be directly embedded is available here:
- Optionally use the additional search filters in the left panel to narrow the search results, then hit Search.
- Select + Attach (the plus icon) next to the item you want to embed.
- Select Add as embedded content, then hit Attach.
The item is now embedded.
NOTE: If you do not see the Add as embedded content option, it is not possible to directly embed the selected content type. A list of content types that can be directly embedded is available here:
Examples of embedded content items
You can see some examples of directly embedded content items below:
NOTE: The Pangea design team can create custom banners, infographics, and other visuals for embedding as Snippets. Feel free to make a Graphic request here:
The following articles might be helpful: