What's inside this article:
- Basic information
- Set the source
- Supported widgets
- Widget layout
- Live / upcoming content
- Audio content on the mobile app homepage
- Edit the homepage
Starting May 18 2023, we are introducing a new method for configuring the mobile app homepage. This will work as follows:
- Each service will select one Section page to use as the source for the mobile app homepage.
- All supported widgets from the selected Section will be sent to the mobile app homepage.
- The mobile app homepage might also include a special slider reel to promote Live / upcoming content.
This approach offers services greater freedom to customize the design and layout of the mobile app homepage. It also lets editors conveniently edit the homepage directly from Pangea CMS.
By default, the homepage for your site is set as the source for the mobile app homepage. Alternatively, use any other Section that is saved in Pangea CMS. The following options are available:
- Create a new Section specially for this purpose. The status of the page can be Private, so it will not be accessible on the web.
- Use any other Section on your site that is published with the Public status.
Contact Pangea Customer Care to change the source for your mobile app homepage.
Only supported widgets are sent to the mobile app homepage. The following widgets are supported:
For Content widgets, all layouts are supported. This includes the following special Content widget layouts:
Widgets on the mobile app homepage do not exactly match widgets on mobile web. On the mobile app homepage, special layout rules are applied. These rules override the layout settings that are configured for the widget in Pangea CMS. The following rules are applied for widgets on the mobile app homepage:
- For Content widgets, the Category and relative publication time are normally visible for each listed item.
- For Trends widgets, the Category is always visible for each listed item.
- For Media slider widgets, a light background is always applied.
- For Content widgets, images with title overlay are not supported. The title is always displayed below the image.
On the mobile app homepage, less space is available for content page titles. This means:
- For items with big images, longer titles are cut.
- For items with thumbnail images, more white space is visible for longer titles.
To avoid these issues, use shorter titles for items shared on the mobile app homepage. You can use teaser settings to create a shorter version of the title that is visible only at widget level. For more information, see the following article:
If your service uses the Scheduler & template week tool in CMS to broadcast video and / or audio content, a special slider reel is displayed automatically as the second item on the mobile app homepage.
The slider reel promotes TV / radio shows that are currently live and lets users immediately start watching or listening. Upcoming shows are also listed. Users can schedule reminders about upcoming shows. The listed items are synchronized automatically with the schedule in Scheduler & Template week.
Please be aware that audio content is not supported on the mobile app homepage (except as part of the Live / upcoming content). To promote audio content in the mobile app, you can enable a special audio page. Detailed information is available here:
Contact Pangea Customer Care to enable an audio page in your mobile app.
The mobile app homepage is fed from the selected Section page in Pangea CMS. Any edits to the Section page are reflected on the mobile app homepage. Detailed information about editing Section pages is available in the following article: