This article explains how to use the Scheduler tool to manage the schedule for audio broadcasts that appears on the public website.
You can perform the following actions via Scheduler:
- Check and update the full audio broadcast schedule for your website.
- Edit the settings for an individual broadcast.
- Schedule a new one-off broadcast.
For more information, refer to the following article:
What's inside this article:
To access Scheduler:
- Click Scheduler > Scheduler & Template Week in the top menu.
- Select Scheduler in the left panel.
- Under Tubes, select the audio tube that you want to manage. Audio tubes are marked with the music icon. This article only describes the options for audio tubes. Different options are available for video tubes.
Scheduler displays the full audio broadcast schedule for the selected tube. This includes episodes of regular audio shows, as well as one-off audio broadcasts.
Each column in the Scheduler timetable is labeled with a specific date. By default, the current date is listed first.
The following options are available to customize the data you see in the Scheduler timetable:
- (A): Tubes: If necessary, use the drop-down menu to select a different tube.
- (B): Calendar: To see the broadcasts that are scheduled for a different date, click your chosen date on the calendar. Use the side-arrows to select a different month, or use the down-arrow to select a different year.
- (C): Filter: Optionally apply a filter to more easily identify specific types of broadcasts. The following options are available:
- Default: Shows all broadcasts that are scheduled for the selected tube. Repeats are marked green.
- Show Deleted: Shows all broadcasts from the Default view, but additionally shows deleted broadcasts in red.
- Has Feature(s): Shows all broadcasts from the Default view, but broadcasts with an Audio Feature are marked blue.
- Has Repeat(s): Shows all broadcasts from the Default view, but broadcasts with a repeat are marked purple.
After configuring the timetable according to your preferences, you can perform any of the actions below:
Schedule a new one-off broadcast
Via Scheduler, you can schedule a new one-off audio broadcast:
- Click the box for the date and time when you want the broadcast to begin, then select + Add new broadcast.
- Via the New Broadcast program screen, configure the settings for the new audio broadcast. For detailed information about the available options, refer to the following section in this article:
- Click Save to confirm and apply your preferences.
The new broadcast is now listed in Scheduler and on the public website.
Edit an individual broadcast
Via Scheduler, you can edit an individual audio broadcast:
- Click the box for the broadcast you want to edit, then select Edit.
- Via the Edit Broadcast program screen, adjust the settings for the audio broadcast according to your preferences. For detailed information about the available options, refer to the following section in this article:
- Click Save to confirm and apply your preferences. Alternatively click Save and apply to all repeats to also apply the changes to repeats.
Your changes are now applied in Scheduler and on the public website. If the broadcast is linked to a regular audio show, other episodes are not affected.
Cancel an individual broadcast
Click the box for the individual broadcast you want to cancel, then select Delete > Confirm delete.
The broadcast is no longer listed in Scheduler or on the public website. If the broadcast is linked to a regular audio show, other episodes are not affected.
You can optionally restore a deleted broadcast:
- Select Show Deleted under Filter in the left panel. Deleted broadcasts now appear in red on the Scheduler timetable.
- Click the box for a deleted broadcast and select Restore.
The broadcast is now listed in Scheduler and on the public website.
Manage Broadcast program settings
Refer to the sections below for information about the options on the New Broadcast program / Edit Broadcast program screen:
- Add categories
- Manage general settings
- Manage recorded files
- Create an Audio Feature
- Schedule a repeat
You cannot save the audio broadcast until you assign it to at least one category using the Categories drop-down menu.
For more information, refer to the following article:
For detailed information about Radio category settings, refer to the following article:
Manage general settings
The following settings are required and must be completed before you can save the broadcast:
- Date: Select the date for the broadcast (format: YYYY-MM-DD).
- Start: Specify the start time for the broadcast (format: HH-MM-SS).
- End: Specify the end time for the broadcast (format: HH-MM-SS).
- Title: Enter the name of the broadcast.
- Categories: Select one or more categories.
Optionally adjust the following additional settings:
- Status: Ensure Published is selected, otherwise the broadcast will not start at the specified time.
- Description: Provide a short description of the broadcast that is displayed on the public website.
- Main image: Add a main image that is displayed with the broadcast on the public website. If you don't select a main image, the default image for the primary category is used.
- Authors: Add one or more names that are listed on the public website as hosts for the broadcast. You can only add someone who is already an author in Pangea CMS.
- Share on Direct: Specify if the broadcast will be available via USAGM Direct.
- Hide download links: Tick this box if you do not want to provide a download link with the broadcast on the public website.
- Record: Tick this box if you want to record the broadcast. For more information, refer to Manage recorded files.
- Evergreen: If applicable, specify if the broadcast will expire via USAGM Direct.
Manage recorded files
If you want Pangea CMS to record the audio broadcast, tick the box next to Record in the general settings.
Recording a broadcast enables the following functionality:
- Visitors can listen to the broadcast on the public website after it finishes.
- Visitors can download the broadcast on the public website after it finishes.
- You can download the audio file from the Edit Broadcast program screen after the broadcast finishes.
- If you schedule a repeat of the broadcast, the recording is automatically played during the repeat.
After the broadcast finishes, access the recorded files in the Files section. Use the icons next to each individual file to play, download, or view more information about the file.
You can also upload a new audio file that replaces the original file on the public website.
Select the audio file you want to upload using either method below:
- Click the audio file that you want to upload and drag and drop it into the box.
- Click Browse files and navigate to the location on your device where the audio file is saved. Double-click the audio file.
Pangea CMS immediately starts uploading and encoding the audio file. You receive a notification when this process is complete.
Create an Audio Feature
An Audio Feature is a clip featuring a section of an audio broadcast. After an Audio Feature is created, if can be attached to an article or a Content widget.
For detailed information about creating and managing Audio Features, refer to the following article:
Schedule a repeat
You can schedule a one-off repeat of a broadcast via Scheduler. This allows you to stream the same broadcast more than once.
For detailed information about scheduling repeats, refer to the following article:
The following articles may be helpful:
- General information about Scheduler & Template week:
- Other articles about audio broadcasts:
- Articles about video broadcasts: