What's inside this article:
- Basic information
- Open the program settings
- Record the original broadcast program
- Schedule a repeat
- Check which programs have a repeat
You can schedule a repeat of any broadcast program. On the public site, the repeat is labeled as a repeat.
As long as the original version of the broadcast program was recorded, the recording of the original broadcast program is played on your site during the time period when the repeat is scheduled.
This article explains how to schedule a repeat of a broadcast program.
To open the settings for a broadcast program:
- Go to Scheduler > Scheduler & Template week.
- Ensure the correct audio tube is selected under Tubes.
- Choose your preferred view:
- Scheduler: Create a one-off repeat for an individual episode / broadcast.
- Template week: Create a regular repeat that is scheduled automatically for every episode of the program.
- Click the block for the broadcast program and select Edit.
The settings for the broadcast program open.
During the time period when the repeat is scheduled:
- If the original program was recorded, the recording of the original program is played on your site.
- If the original program was not recorded, your site streams the current live content from the connected tube.
To ensure that the original broadcast program is recorded, tick Record in the broadcast program settings. It's important to perform this action no later than 10 minutes before the scheduled start time.
For detailed information about updating the settings for a broadcast program, see the following article:
Scroll to the Repeat section and click the + Add repeat button.
The Title and Description are prefilled according to the settings for the original broadcast program. Update these fields if you want to use different metadata for the repeat.
You might need to manually define the following settings:
- Day (appears via Template week): Select the day of the week when the repeat will be scheduled.
- Start date (appears via Scheduler): Select the date when the repeat will be scheduled.
- Start time: Select the time when the repeat will be scheduled.
The end time for the repeat is set automatically according to the length of the original broadcast program (the repeat is always the same length as the original program).
When you're satisfied, hit Save repeat to close the dialog. The repeat will not be scheduled unless you also hit Save in the bottom-right corner.
Via Scheduler, blocks that represent repeats are always marked green.
If needed, you can also distinguish original broadcast programs that have one or more repeats. Under Filter, select Has Repeat(s). When this option is selected, programs that have one or more repeats are marked light purple.