This article explains how to use the Scheduler tool to manage the schedule for video broadcasts that appears on the public website.
You can perform the following actions via Scheduler:
- Check and update the full video broadcast schedule for your website.
- Edit the settings for an individual broadcast.
- Schedule a new one-off broadcast.
What's inside this article:
To access Scheduler:
- Click Scheduler > Scheduler & Template Week in the top menu.
- Select Scheduler in the left panel.
- Under Tubes, select the video tube that you want to manage. Video tubes are marked with the camera icon. This article only describes the options for video tubes. Different options are available for audio tubes.
Scheduler displays the full video broadcast schedule for the selected tube. This includes episodes of regular video shows, as well as one-off video broadcasts.
Each column in the Scheduler timetable is labeled with a specific date. By default, the current date is listed first.
The following options are available to customize the data you see in the Scheduler timetable:
- (A): Tubes: If necessary, use the drop-down menu to select a different tube.
- (B): Calendar: To see the broadcasts that are scheduled for a different date, click your chosen date on the calendar. Use the side-arrows to select a different month, or use the down-arrow to select a different year.
- (C): Filter: Optionally select Show Deleted if you want to see deleted broadcasts on the Scheduler timetable.
After configuring the timetable according to your preferences, you can perform any of the actions below:
Via Scheduler, you can schedule a new one-off video broadcast:
- Click the box for the date and time when you want the broadcast to begin, then select + Add new show.
- Via the New Video show screen, configure the settings for the new video broadcast. For detailed information about the available options, refer to the following section in this article:
- After completing the required settings, click Save to confirm and apply your preferences.
The new broadcast is now listed in Scheduler and on the public website.
Via Scheduler, you can edit an individual video broadcast:
- Click the box for the broadcast you want to edit, then select Edit.
- Via the Edit Video show screen, adjust the settings for the video broadcast according to your preferences. For detailed information about the available options, refer to the following section in this article:
- Click Save to confirm and apply your preferences.
Your changes are now applied in Scheduler and on the public website. If the broadcast is linked to a regular video show, other episodes are not affected.
Click the box for the individual broadcast you want to cancel, then select Delete > Confirm delete.
The broadcast is no longer listed on the Scheduler screen or on the public website. If the broadcast is linked to a regular video show, other episodes are not affected.
You can optionally restore a deleted broadcast:
- Select Show Deleted under Filter in the left panel. Deleted broadcasts now appear in red on the Scheduler timetable.
- Click the box for a deleted broadcast and select Restore.
The broadcast is now listed in Scheduler and on the public website.
Refer to the sections below for information about the options on the New Video show / Edit Video show screen:
- Set the input
- Add categories
- Manage general settings
- Manage recorded broadcasts
- Manage multimedia distribution
- Manage playlist settings
If you are scheduling a new video broadcast, choose your preferred option using the tabs at the top of the New Video show screen:
- Live input: The input for the broadcast is taken from the streaming URL for the selected video tube.
- Playlist: Add a pre-recorded video file that is used as the input for the broadcast.
You cannot save the video broadcast until you assign it to at least one category using the Categories drop-down menu.
For more information, refer to the following article:
The following settings are required and must be completed before you can save the broadcast:
- Date: Select the date for the broadcast (format: YYYY-MM-DD).
- Start: Specify the start time for the broadcast (format: HH-MM-SS).
- End: Specify the end time for the broadcast (format: HH-MM-SS).
- Title: Enter the name of the broadcast.
- Description: Provide a short description of the broadcast that is displayed on the public website.
- Categories: Select one or more categories.
Optionally adjust the following additional settings:
- Teaser image: Add an image that is used to promote the broadcast via widgets on the public website.
- Use teaser image as poster in the player: Tick this box to display the Teaser image in the video player before the video is played.
- Record: Tick this box if you want to record the broadcast. For more information, refer to Manage recorded broadcasts.
- Record as: Select the status that is assigned to the recorded video in Pangea CMS. For more information, refer to Manage recorded broadcasts.
- Hide from site: If you record the broadcast, tick this box to ensure that the recorded video is not available on the public website.
If you want Pangea CMS to record the video broadcast, tick the box next to Record in the general settings.
After a video broadcast is recorded, it is saved in Pangea CMS as a video. You can find the video using the Pangea CMS Search tool.
As well as streaming via your website, you can ensure that a video broadcast streams via a specific YouTube channel and / or Facebook account.
To request that a video broadcast is streamed via YouTube and / or Facebook:
- Scroll to the Multimedia distribution section.
- Select the account(s) where you want to stream the broadcast. You can select a maximum of one YouTube channel and one Facebook account.
- Click Save to confirm and apply your preferences.
When you close and then reopen the edit screen, you see confirmation that the broadcast will be streamed via the selected distribution partner.
To specify which video is used as the input for the broadcast:
- Scroll to the Playlist section.
- Click + Add video.
- Use the search parameters in the left panel to locate the video or loop video that you want to use.
- Click + Attach (the plus icon) next to the video that you want to use.
The video now appears in the Playlist section. You can see the length of the video in comparison to the length of the broadcast. Either select a video that matches the length of the broadcast, or adjust the length of the broadcast in the general settings so that it matches the length of the video.
The following articles may be helpful:
- General information about Scheduler & Template week:
- Other articles about video broadcasts:
- Articles about audio broadcasts: