What's inside this article:
- About Related content widgets
- Add a Related content widget
- Manage a Related content widget
- Manage Website teaser settings
- Update site localization
- Further recommendations
About Related content widgets
What is a Related content widget?
You can add Related content widgets on most types of content pages. The widget provides links to other content pages from your own website that visitors might find interesting.
Where is a Related content widget displayed?
Each Related content widget is displayed on one content page only. On desktop, the widget is displayed on the right side of the page. On mobile devices, the widget is displayed below the main content.
How is a Related content widget different to a You Might Also Like widget?
A Related content widget is displayed only on a single content page. You Might Also like widgets are assigned to categories, and are displayed on every content page from the category.
Which content pages support Related content widgets?
Related content widgets are intended primarily for inclusion on the following text-based content pages:
You can also add a Related content widget on the following content pages:
Add a Related content widget
To add a Related content widget on a text-based content page (such as an Article):
- Find the item you want to edit using the Pangea CMS Search tool.
- Click the title for the item in the search results.
- Click Add related items on the Editor screen.
- Adjust the search filters in the left panel according to your preferences, then click Search.
- Click + Attach (the plus icon) next to each item you want to include.
- You can manage the items under Attached items. The following options are available:
- Remove an item: Click Remove (the trash icon) to remove an item.
- Reorder items: Drag a box up or down to change its position.
- Click Save to add the Related content widget.
A preview of the widget appears on the Editor screen. However, the changes are not applied on the public website until you click Save or Save & close.
Manage a Related content widget
On the Editor screen, you see a preview of the Related content widget. Click an item to open it on the public website. For other options, click Edit related items.
Manage Website teaser settings
The preview for every item on a Related content widget includes a title and an image. You cannot customize the preview on an individual Related content widget.
The title and image are set according to the Website teaser settings for the content page. For more information, see the following article:
Update site localization
By default, the title at the top of the Related content widget is Related.
You can localize the default text for your specific language service using the following configuration key:
For detailed information about using the Site Localization tool in Pangea CMS, see the following article:
The following articles might be helpful: