What's inside this article:
- Basic information
- Add Related content
- Rules for reciprocated Related content
- Where can I add Related content?
- Update site localization
You can add a Related content section on most content page types. Related content includes links to other content published by your site. For example, if your site publishes both an Article and a Video on the same topic, you might want to link these items using Related content.
Related content links are automatically reciprocated between certain types of content pages. For example, if the Related content on an Article page includes a link to a Video, the same Article is added automatically to the Related content on the Video page. For detailed information, go to the following section:
Add Related content using either method below:
- Select Add related content on the Editor screen.
- Select Related content in the left panel.
Then, follow these basic steps:
- Set the search filters in the left panel according to your preferences, and hit Search.
- Select + Attach (the plus icon) next to each item you want to add.
- Hit Save. This action confirms the items you want to add, but the changes will not be saved or published.
All added items are visible on the Editor / Related content screen. The following options are available:
- (A): Set position: Use the drop-down menu to change the position of an item. You can also move an item by drag and drop.
- (B): Live site: Hit the globe icon to open an item on the public site.
- (C): Delete: Hit the trash icon to remove an item from Related content.
To add a new item, follow the relevant step below:
- On the Editor screen, hit Edit related content.
- On the Related content screen, hit Select content.
The changes will not be saved until you hit Save or Save & close in the bottom-right corner of the edit screen.
Related content links are automatically reciprocated between certain types of content pages. For example, if the Related content on an Article page includes a link to a Video, the same Article is added automatically to the Related content on the Video page.
The following connections apply:
- When you add Related content to a text content page, links to multimedia and interactive content pages that support Related content are reciprocated.
- When you add Related content to a multimedia content page, links to text content pages that support Related content are reciprocated.
- When you add Related content to an interactive content page, links to text content pages that support Related content are reciprocated.
To learn which content page types are classified as text, multimedia, and interactive, go to the following section:
You can add Related content on the following content page types:
- Audio clip
- Photo gallery
- Slider gallery
- Static infographics
If your site has not yet set a localized value, the title for Related content is Related.
If required, localize the text using the following configuration key:
For detailed information about using the Site Localization tool in CMS, see the following article: