What's inside this article:
- Create a library widget
- Open the Editor screen
- Use an existing library widget
- Identify library widgets
- Add a widget to the Widget library
- Edit a library widget
- Delete a library widget
- Check widget usage
Create a library widget
This article explains how to use previously created library widgets to build the following website items:
For general information about library widgets, including how to create a new library widget, see the alternative article below:
Open the Editor screen
To open the Editor screen for any website item:
- Go to Sections in the top menu and select the relevant type of website item. Choose from the following:
- Select the name of the specific website item you want to edit. Alternatively, hit + Add new to create a new website item.
The Editor screen opens.
Use an existing library widget
To add an existing library widget to a website item:
- Select Widgets from library in the left panel to open a list of the available widget types.
- Drag and drop the box for the relevant widget type to the position on the page where you want to add the widget.
- Click the green tick icon next to your chosen library widget, then hit Select.
The widget is now visible on the Editor screen.
Identify library widgets
Identify a library widget on an Editor screen by checking for the Library label on the widget box.
Add a widget to the Widget library
You can add any widget to the Widget library. When you perform this action, the widget becomes a library widget. To add a widget to the Widget library:
- Go to ≡ (three lines) > Add to library.
- Enter the internal Widget name that helps identify the widget in the Widget library (not visible on the public site). Hit Add.
The widget is now a library widget and is stored in the Widget library.
Edit a library widget
If a library widget is used on multiple website items, all instances of the widget are linked. So whenever you edit a library widget, the changes are applied automatically for all instances of the widget.
To edit a library widget, select ≡ (three lines) > Edit.
The widget edit screen opens in the same tab. For detailed information about configuring the widget, see the relevant article below:
- Content widget
- FactCheck widget
- HTML widget
- Manual stream widget
- Multimedia widget
- Poll widget
- Trends widget
You can also edit a library widget via the Widget library. For instructions, see the following article:
Delete a library widget
When you delete a library widget via the Editor screen for a website item, the following conditions apply:
- The widget is deleted from the current website item only. A white space is left on the page.
- If the widget is used on multiple website items, other instances of the widget are not deleted.
- The widget is still a library widget and is not removed from the Widget library.
To delete a library widget from the current website item, select ≡ (three lines) > Delete widget.
Check widget usage
You can verify where a library widget is used. Follow these steps:
- Go to ≡ (three lines) > Edit.
- Select Settings.
Under Widget usage, you see a list of website items where the widget is used. Select a link to open the website item on the public website.