What's inside this article:
While a content item has priority, the item is pinned to the top of any widgets on the public website where it is promoted. This applies for the following widgets:
- Content widget
- FactCheck widget
- Live blog widget
No. You can only set priority for the following text-based content types:
- Feature story
- Live blog
You can assign Priority 1 or Priority 2 to any content item. Priority affects the order of the items on widgets as follows:
- Items with Priority 1 are displayed at the top of the widget.
- Items with Priority 2 are displayed at the top of the widget but below items with Priority 1.
- Items with No priority are displayed below items with Priority 1 or Priority 2.
If two items on a widget have the same priority level, the item that was published most recently is displayed first.
Before you can assign priority to a content item, you need to manually set the Duration (for example, 2 hours). Priority will apply for the set duration. The duration is counted from the Publication date & time for the content item. The following conditions apply:
- When you publish an item for the first time, Pangea CMS automatically sets the Publication date & time to match the exact time of publication. This means that the duration will be counted automatically from the moment of publication. You do not need to make any manual adjustments when assigning priority.
- When you edit an item that was already published, Pangea CMS does not change the Publication date & time when you publish the changes. If you are assigning priority to an item that was already published, you need to manually change the Publication date & time setting to match the current time.
No. Priority only affects widgets when Auto or Semi-auto mode is enabled. If Manual mode is enabled, priority does not affect the order of the items. In Semi-auto mode, priority only affects items added via the Auto settings.
For information about widget modes, see the following articles:
To assign priority:
- Find the item you want to edit using the Pangea CMS Search tool.
- Click the title for the item in the search results.
- Click General in the left panel.
- Use the Priority drop-down menu to select your preferred priority level.
- In the Duration box, enter a time period in hours. Priority automatically expires after this time. You can enter a maximum of 4 digits.
- The priorty Duration is counted from the Publication date & time. If you are assigning priority for an item that is already published, you need to manually adjust the Publication date & time to match the current time. For more information, go to the following section:
- Click Save or Save & close to confirm and apply your preferences.
The content item is now assigned your chosen priority level.
When you find the content item using the Pangea CMS Search tool, the box includes the Priority icon. Hover the cursor over the icon to see more details.