Live Blog is a dynamic content type that lets you cover developing live events in real-time by publishing a series of posts on a live feed. This article explains how to add posts to a Live Blog.
What's inside this article:
- Add a post
- Edit a post
- Delete a post
- Search for a post
- Manage a featured post
- View the edit history for a post
- Further recommendations
Add a post
Add a new post to a Live Blog using one of the methods below:
- Click New post in the left panel or on the Editor screen.
- On the main Search page, click + New blog entry (the plus icon) in the relevant box.
The New post window appears. The following options are available:
Add a title
Adding a Blog post title is optional. To include a title with the post, tick the box next to Display title, then enter the title.
You can also add a separate Highlight title. The Highlight title is used if the post is displayed in the Highlights section. Tick the box next to Custom highlight title, then enter the title.
The following conditions apply for titles:
- If you don't provide a Highlight title, the Blog post title is displayed in Highlights.
- If you don't provide a Blog post title or a Highlight title, the post cannot appear in Highlights.
For detailed information about adding Highlights, refer to the following article:
You can use the Authors drop-down menu to select one or more authors that are credited for the post. You can only add someone who is already listed as an Author in Pangea CMS.
Click inside the text box and start typing a name. The menu displays the names that match your search. Select the author you want to add, then optionally search for and add additional authors.
Feature the post
While a post is featured, it is pinned to the top of the Live Blog feed. Tick the box next to Feature this post, then specify for how long the post will remain featured.
You can manage the featured post on the Live blog: Posts screen.
The content for a Live Blog post can include formatted text, images, embedded content, and more. For information about the options available in the CKEditor bar, refer to the following article:
You can open the Content box in fullscreen by clicking the Maximize icon. To exit fullscreen view, click the Minimize icon. This functionality is especially useful if you are editing the page on a mobile device.
Click Save & publish to confirm and apply your preferences. The post appears immediately on the Live Blog feed.
Edit a post
You can edit a post directly on the Editor screen by clicking Edit item (the pencil icon).
To conveniently search for and edit an older post, click Posts in the left panel.
For information about the available options on the Edit post dialog, go to Add a post.
Delete a post
To delete a post via the Editor screen:
- Click Delete (the trash icon), then click Delete to confirm.
- The post turns red and the Restore item icon is visible. Optionally restore the post if you don't want to delete it.
- Click Save or Save & close. The post is not removed on the public website until you perform this action. After you perform this action, it is not possible to restore the post.
To conveniently search for and delete an older post, click Posts in the left panel.
Search for a post
You can conveniently view a list of all Live Blog posts by clicking Posts in the left panel.
To search for a specific post, use the search parameters at the top of the screen.
The following options are available for each post:
- (A): Feature the post.
- (B): Edit the post.
- (C): View the edit history for the post.
- (D): Open the post on the public website (applies if the Live Blog status is Published).
- (E): Delete the post.
Manage a featured post
While a post is featured, it is pinned to the top of the Live Blog feed. To manage the current featured post, click Posts in the left panel.
If a post is currently featured, it appears at the top of the Live blog: Posts screen and is marked with a blue star.
To stop featuring the post, click the star so that it turns white. The post is no longer featured and returns to its original position on the Live Blog feed. You can start featuring a new post by clicking the white star so that it turns blue. You cannot have more than one featured post.
View the edit history for a post
To view the history of edits to a post:
- Click Posts in the left panel.
- Click the History icon next to a post.
The History dialog opens. You can check the following details:
- The date and time of each edit
- The Blog post title for the edited post (if applicable)
- The type of edit
- The email for the Pangea User who made the edit
The following articles might be helpful:
- Creating a Live Blog
- Live Blog - Adding Highlights
- Live Blog - Connecting a Twitter feed
- Using CKEditor
- Embedding an image
- Embedding external media