What's inside this article:
- About Multimedia archives
- Start editing a TV or Radio category
- Enable a Multimedia archive
- Choose tabs
- Set the order of tabs
- Configure the calendar
- Localize tabs
- Complete other Category settings
- Further recommendations
A Multimedia archive is a single page on the public website that lets visitors browse all content from the same TV or Radio category.
You can create a Multimedia archive page for any TV or Radio category. You cannot create a Multimedia archive for a Content category. For detailed information about the different Category types, see the following article:
Multimedia archives include tabs. Each Multimedia archive can be configured to include just some or all of the following tabs:
- (A): Home: Displays a special Landing page that you can create.
- (B): Episodes: Displays all video / audio content from the Category.
- (C): Articles: Displays all content from the Category that is not video / audio.
- (D): About: Displays a short description of the Category.
Examples of Multimedia archives are available via the links below:
This article assumes that the Edit Category (Zone) screen (shown below) for the TV / Radio category you want to edit is already open.
Open the Edit Category (Zone) screen by creating a new Category or editing an existing Category. For instructions, see the following article:
To create a Multimedia archive for the current Category, ensure the Enable category (zone) archive page setting on the Edit Category (Zone) screen is ticked.
Untick this setting if you do not want to create a Multimedia archive for the current Category.
You can choose which tabs will appear on the Multimedia archive for the current TV / Radio category. Go to the sections below to learn about enabling the different tabs:
The Home tab displays a special Landing page that you can create for the Category. Landing pages are constructed from Widgets (the same as Section pages).
To enable this tab, select the Landing page you want to apply via the Landing Selection drop-down menu. A Landing page can be used on one Multimedia archive. For this reason, you can only choose from Landing pages that aren't already used elsewhere.
You can create a new Landing page or check the existing Landing pages for your website via Sections > Landings.
If you are creating a TV category, the Episodes tab displays all video content from the Category. For Radio categories, the tab displays audio content.
To enable this tab, tick the box next to Video tab enabled (TV categories) or Audio tab enabled (Radio categories).
If you are creating a TV category, the Articles tab displays all non-video content from the Category. For Radio categories, the tab displays non-audio content.
To enable this tab, tick the box next to Content tab enabled.
The About tab displays basic information about the Category. This tab is always enabled and cannot be manually disabled.
Enter content for the About tab in the Program Page Content box.
You can set which tab is displayed first. The first tab is open and visible when the page loads. The following rules apply:
- If the Home tab is enabled, it is always first.
- If the Home tab is not enabled, either the Episodes or Articles tab can be first.
- The About tab is always last and cannot be first.
The yellow alert icon marks which tab is currently first:
- If the yellow alert icon is next to Video / Audio tab enabled, the Episodes tab is currently first.
- If the yellow alert icon is next to Content Tab Enabled, the Articles tab is currently first.
To set a tab as the first tab, click the gray alert icon so it turns yellow.
If the Home tab is enabled, the yellow alert icon marks the second tab.
A calendar is visible on all Multimedia archives. When a visitor picks a specific date on the calendar, only content published on this date is listed on the archive.
Under Data archive are present since, set the earliest date that will be pickable in the calendar. To make all content from the Category searchable via the archive page, enter the date when the oldest content from the Category was published.
You can localize the text on the tabs to your local language. Use the following configuration keys:
- Home: Responsive.ZoneArchive.Menu.Home
- Episodes: Responsive.Program.Menu.Eposides.Text
- Articles: Responsive.Program.Menu.Articles.Text
- About: Responsive.Program.Menu.About.Text
The change applies on all Multimedia archives.
For detailed information about using the Site Localization tool in Pangea CMS, see the following article:
Configuring the Multimedia archive page is just one part of the process for creating a new TV / Radio category. For detailed information about other options on the Edit Category (Zone) screen, see the following article:
The following articles might be helpful:
- Managing Categories
- Using the Categories (Zones) list
- Creating a Category
- Creating a Category archive