What's inside this article:
You can embed a Backgrounder into the body of a text content page (such as an Article). A Backgrounder provides background information on a topic that is relevant to the story. We do not recommend sharing a Backgrounder as a standalone content page.
This article explains how to create, publish, and embed a Backgrounder from Pangea CMS.
Go to New > Content > Backgrounder to create a new Backgrounder.
Add the title for the Backgrounder via Editor.
The title for a Backgrounder serves the following purposes:
- The title identifies the Backgrounder in Pangea CMS. CMS users can search for a Backgrounder by entering keywords from the title.
- The title is displayed by default on the published Backgrounder. If preferred, editors will be able to create a custom title when embedding the Backgrounder.
Create content in the main box via Editor. The CKEditor bar appears and remains visible while this box is active. If you click elsewhere on the screen, the CKEditor bar disappears.
Review the sections below:
You can either enter text manually or paste text from a third-party word processor (such as Microsoft Word). The CKEditor bar includes many useful tools for adding and formatting text.
For information about CKEditor functionality, see the following article:
Backgrounders commonly include embedded images. You might embed the following types of images:
- Internal images: Images that have been manually uploaded to Pangea CMS by you or another CMS user.
- External images: Images from the following external agencies:
- AFP (Agence France-Presse)
- AP (Associated Press)
To get started, position the cursor where you want to insert the image, and hit the Insert embedded content button.
For detailed instructions, see the following article:
Choose your preferred option:
To immediately publish the Backgrounder:
- Select Published in the status drop-down menu.
- Select Publish or Publish & close.
The Backgrounder is now published and can be embedded on another page. We do not recommend sharing a Backgrounder as a standalone content page.
You can schedule publication for a specific time and date in the future. For details, see the following article:
You can embed a Backgrounder while publication is scheduled. The embedded Backgrounder is hidden until the specified publication time. The placeholder in CKEditor includes the Scheduled badge. This indicates that the Backgrounder is not yet visible on the public site.
You can embed a Backgrounder on any of the following text content pages:
- Feature story
- Live blog
First, open the edit screen for the content page where you want to embed the Backgrounder. Then, follow the basic steps below:
- In CKEditor, position the cursor where you want to embed the Backgrounder.
- Select the Insert embedded content button in the CKEditor bar.
- Select the Content tab.
- Under Content type, select Backgrounder. Set the additional search filters according to your needs.
- Hit Search to refresh the search results.
- Select the Backgrounder you want to embed.
- Under Caption, set the title to display at the top of the embedded Backgrounder. Under Display, set the size and position for the embed. Then, hit Attach.
A placeholder representing the Backgrounder is displayed in CKEditor. To publish your changes, hit Publish or Publish & close.