What's inside this article:
- Basic information
- Configure the stream in CMS
- Copy the Server URL and Stream key
- Start the stream
- End the stream
This article explains how to stream video content to Telegram using the Manual Live Stream tool in Pangea CMS.
For general information about Manual Live Stream, see the alternative article below:
To access Manual stream in CMS, go to Scheduler > Manual stream.
First, you need to complete the following required settings:
- Stream name
- Max stream length
For detailed information about these settings, see our general Manual Live Stream guide:
To stream to Telegram, select Telegram under Social media.
After you select a social media platform, the following additional fields appear:
- Name of channel: Enter the name of the social media page where you will send the stream. The name will only be visible in Pangea CMS.
- Server URL: Paste the Server URL that needs to be retrieved from Telegram.
- Stream key: Paste the Stream key that needs to be retrieved from Telegram.
Open the Telegram desktop app and select livestream > Stream with... in the top-right corner.
Perform the steps below:
- Click Copy Server URL to copy the Server URL to your clipboard. In CMS, paste this value into the Server URL field.
- Click Copy Stream Key to copy the Stream key to your clipboard. In CMS, paste this value into the Stream key field.
You can now start the stream.
To start the stream:
- Hit Send stream in CMS. This sends the stream to Telegram. However, the stream will not go live until you manually start it in Telegram. We recommend waiting around 30 seconds before proceeding to step 2.
- Go to the Telegram desktop app and open the existing Channel or Group where you want to stream.
- Select livestream > Stream with... in the top-right corner.
- Hit Start Streaming.
The stream starts.
It might take some time before you see the stream in your Telegram desktop app. However, the stream is still working, even if you don't immediately see the preview. Telegram displays the message below before the stream preview is generated:
Follow these steps:
- In the Telegram desktop app, Hit the Phone icon in the top-right corner.
- Ensure the box next to End live stream is ticked, then select Leave.
- In CMS, select Delete stream to stop the whole streaming event (including other platforms). If needed, you can select Cancel streaming to only stop the stream to Telegram.
The stream ends.