What's inside this article:
- Basic information
- Configure the stream in CMS
- Configure the stream in Twitter
- Copy the Server URL and Stream key
- Start the stream
- End the stream
This article explains how to stream video content to Twitter using the Manual Live Stream tool in Pangea CMS.
For general information about Manual Live Stream, see the alternative article below:
To access Manual Live Stream in CMS, go to Scheduler > Manual stream.
First, you need to complete the following required settings:
- Stream name
- Max stream length
For detailed information about these settings, see our general Manual Live Stream guide:
To stream to Twitter, select Twitter under Social media.
After you select a social media platform, the following additional fields appear:
- Name of channel: Enter the name of the social media page where you will send the stream. The name will only be visible in Pangea CMS.
- Server URL: Paste the Server URL that needs to be retrieved from Twitter.
- Stream key: Paste the Stream key that needs to be retrieved from Twitter.
To configure the stream settings in Twitter:
- Go to your Twitter account and select More > Creator Studio > Media Studio.
- Select the Producer tab, and hit Create broadcast.
You can configure the stream via the Broadcast details dialog. Provide the following:
- Broadcast name: Enter a name that will be shared with the stream.
- Category: Select one or more categories that reflect the topic of the stream.
Use the Source drop-down menu to select the source for the stream.
Select Create a new source and provide the following details:
- Source name: The name of the source that is visible only in Twitter.
- Source type: RTMP
- Region: Select the region that is closest to the source of the stream.
Select Create to save the new source.
You can now copy the Server URL and Stream key.
Perform the steps below:
- Highlight the value shown below Source URL and copy it to your clipboard. In CMS, paste this value into the Server URL field.
- Highlight the value shown below Stream key and copy it to your clipboard. In CMS, paste this value into the Stream key field.
You can now start the stream.
To start the stream:
- Hit Send stream in CMS. This sends the stream to Twitter. However, the stream will not go live until you manually start it in Twitter.
- Go to Twitter. A preview of the stream might already be available. However, it might take up to one minute before the preview is visible.
- When you are ready to start the stream, select Create broadcast > Tweet.
The stream starts.
Follow these steps:
- Select End in Twitter (either via the Broadcast details dialog or by hovering over the broadcast panel under the Broadcasts tab).
- In CMS, select Delete stream to stop the whole streaming event (including other platforms). If needed, you can select Cancel streaming to only stop the stream to Twitter.
The stream ends.