In March 2021, Periscope deprecated and is no longer a stand alone app. Previously it was used to create stream keys for Twitter. This is a brief manual on how to stream to Twitter following this change.
- In order to stream with a stream key, you must login to Media Studio https://studio.twitter.com/library and into your twitter account.
- In Twitter, click on More and choose Media Producer
- If Media Producer is not listed under the More options, go to https://analytics.twitter.com/ turn Analytics, like below and Turn analytics on.
- You must then log out of Twitter and log back in again. You will then see Media Studio, under the More options.
- Now go to https://studio.twitter.com/producer and click on Create Broadcast.
- Fill in the first two fields of the form and choose Create New Source
- Choose the Source Name,choose the Region, click on Create.
- Below, you can see the the URL and Stream key needed for Manual Streaming (refer to the Manual Streaming guide in Showcase).
- Lastly, do not forget to click on "Tweet", in order to publish the live stream