What's inside this article:
As soon as you open the edit screen for a content item, Pangea CMS locks the item so other users can't edit it. This prevents more than one user from editing an item at the same time.
If an item is locked for editing by another user, the item box on the main Search screen is gray, and the red Unlock icon is visible.
Locking applies for every content type in Pangea CMS.
Unlock an item
When you unlock an item that is locked for editing by another user, the following conditions apply:
- The other user who is editing the item receives the notification below, explaining that their lock has been removed.
- The other user can no longer save the item.
- Any unsaved changes made by the other user cannot be saved and are lost.
Click the Unlock icon to verify who is editing the item and for how long they have been editing it.
If you want to unlock the item, click Unlock in the confirmation dialog.
The item is now unlocked and you can edit it as usual.
Open an item in read-only mode
If you do not want to unlock the item, you can instead open it in read-only mode. When you use this option, the following conditions apply:
- The other user who is editing the item is not notified and can continue editing without interruption.
- You can view the settings and content, but you cannot save any changes.
To open the item in read-only mode:
- Click the Read Only icon.
- Click Read-only to confirm.
The edit screen opens in read-only mode. If needed, click Unlock to unlock the item and make changes.