What's inside this article:
As soon as you open the edit screen for a content item, Pangea CMS locks the item so other users can't edit it. This stops more than one user from editing an item at the same time.
If an item is locked for editing by another user, the item box on the main Search screen is gray, and the red Unlock icon is visible.
Locking applies for every content type in CMS.
If you unlock an item, the other user who is editing the item receives a notification (shown below). This explains that the lock has been removed.
The following conditions apply:
- The other user can no longer save the item.
- Any unsaved changes made by the other user cannot be saved and are lost.
Click the Unlock icon to verify who is editing the item and for how long they have been editing it.
If you want to unlock the item, hit Unlock in the confirmation dialog.
The item is now unlocked and you can edit it as usual.
If you do not want to unlock the item, you can instead open it in read-only mode. The following conditions apply:
- The other user who is editing the item is not notified and can continue editing without interruption.
- You can view the settings and content, but you cannot save any changes.
To open the item in read-only mode:
- Click the Read Only icon.
- Click Read-only to confirm.
The edit screen opens in read-only mode. If needed, click Unlock to unlock the item and make changes.