- Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty, Inc.:
- Tue, 19th February 2019 07:00 am Prague time (01:00 am D.C. time)
- Voice of America:
- Wed, 20th February 2019 04:00 am D.C. time (10:00 am Prague time)
- Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc.:
- Wed, 20th February 2019 05:30 am D.C. time (11:30 am Prague time)
- Office of Cuba Broadcasting:
- Wed, 20th February 2019 06:30 am D.C. time (12:30 pm Prague time)
- Wed, 20th February 2019 13:00 Prague time (07:00 am D.C. time)
- BBG Direct:
- Wed, 20th February 2019 13:30 Prague time (07:30 am D.C. time)
Table of contents
- LiveBlog Widget
- News Layout 1.2
- Searchbox and Social Profile for Google's Search Results
- Embedded Photo Gallery: Lightbox Update (Intro, Sharing Buttons)
- Feature Story Updates
- Autogenerated Teaser Preview for Content
- Local Time Lable for Schedule Page
- New Design for Sticky Audio Player
A LiveBlog widget will allow editors to showcase their LiveBlog content on any section page, including displaying an ongoing LiveBlog on the homepage. This widget will update in real time, meaning once a new post is added to the liveblog, the live blog widget will update automatically. Thanks to this, visitors on the site will receive the update without any need to refresh the page. This will help generate more engagement and keep users on the site.
- Real-Time updates: Visitors will see real time updates on the widget, no need to reload the page
- Counter Screen: In case the LiveBlog has not started yet, this a screen with a countdown is displayed letting users know when the event will start. This helps generate momentum for the event
- Custom Height: Editors can set the height of the widget to match the height of other widgets in the context of the homepage (or any section) allowing them to ensure that the widget visually fits well within the page
- Feature Post: If feature post is active the widget will keep it on top of the list
We are introducing MapBox within Pangea CMS which allows you to create static maps for your articles through an appealing and easy-to-navigate interface.
The resulting map behaves in the same way as a static image (same properties as a photo).
In this Release we have also made further improvement of the news layout for zones.
This new update includes:
- Wider article
- 1 paragraph preview
- The right responsive region is aligned with the first of the news
- Share link for individual news
- "Read more" button to increase interaction and design
- Improvement of user experience to open/close a news
It is possible to change the number of news displayed in the zone through the use of a configuration key - Responsive.ZoneArchive.Layout.NewsType.PageSize
You can localise the news layout through the use of the following keys:
Title of the Key
See all News Updates of the Day
Link has been copied to clipboard
These two improvements will help your users access specific pages as well as your social networks pages directly from Google search result page.
Google Searchbox: As soon as internet users will find your service in Google search results, they will see searchbox directly after service name on Google result page. It gives them option to search within your web-site from Google search result page.
Google social profile: Users will see icons of the social network pages of the service on the Google profile.
Supported social networks:
When the Photo Galleries are viewed as embedded media element inside the article, some of the information (such as introduction) isn't visible through the photo gallery lightbox. In order to ensure the full experience for the audience, it will now be possible to see the introduction and sharing icons of an embedded photo galleries. These elements will appear on the special layer over the first image:
Sharing icons will share the link directly to the embedded photo gallery.
As part of this update, we have also moved the credentials for the image to appear in the top right corner, when viewed through lightbox. When the images appear in the regular view (e.g. inside the text) the credentials remain in the bottom right corner as before.
Given the popularity of the Featured Story content type, all the additional navigation and content elements of a regular Article layout have been added. This should improve the ease of use as well as increase consistency between the two layouts. Newly added elements include:
- Sharing navigation
- Comments and Anchor link for comments
- Print version
- Embedded elements ("also read' links, backgrounders, media content etc.)
Upon uploading a main image, an autocrop functionality will provide automated preview options for teaser image for the content. It will be possible to see these pre-made teaser images available for both horizontally and vertically aligned widgets. It will, of course, still be possible to adjust the auto-crop manually or exchange it for a different image altogether. This functionality should simplify work with different widget layouts.
The auto generated teaser image can be accessed both through contents' Teaser tab, or through Widget management window.
Given that the audience of our services is global, yet the websites are localised, which includes time, this can cause confusion among viewers. As broadcasting is increasing in the importance of the services' work, viewer need to have a clear understanding of the time that is used on the schedule page.
To achieve this, it will now be possible to place a localised time along with a text label as the title of the Schedule page, providing the viewers with clear information.
It is also possible to create a text label for a current Live event:
To make this settings, you can use following config keys:
This release brings a sleek new design for the Sticky Audio Player. Visitors to the site can now start to listen to an audio, both Live or on-demand, and then continue to browse the site with the sticky player present at the bottom of the site allowing them to continue listening while browsing.
Its discrete design ensures that the viewers are not interrupted during their visit to the site, while retaining the full control of the audio. This feature is designed to work across all devices, thus providing the visitors with more possibilities of how to interact with the site.