- Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty, Inc.:
- Tue, 12th December 2017 07:00 am Prague time (01:00 am D.C. time)
- Voice of America:
- Wed, 13th December 2017 04:00 am D.C. time (10:00 am Prague time)
- Middle East Broadcasting Networks, Inc.:
- Wed, 13th December 2017 05:30 am D.C. time (11:30 am Prague time)
- Office of Cuba Broadcasting:
- Wed, 13th December 2017 06:30 am D.C. time (12:30 am Prague time)
- BBG Direct:
- Wed, 13 December 2017 07:00 am D.C. time (01:00 pm Prague time)
Table of contents
- Telegram Instant View
- Google Editor's Pick
- Email to Authors
- New Layouts
- RSS Feed of All Content
- Searchable Body of Infographics
- Synchronization for re-uploaded Videos and Articles
- Forced HTTPS in CMS
- Most Downloaded content on Direct
Telegram Instant View – it's an easy way to deliver your content. Once you share your article in Telegram channel with Instant view template, Telegram caches all the page's content and will deliver it's lightweight version instantly to the users. Thanks to the caching, your content becomes available also in the area, where other options to deliver content are blocked.
At that moment, when you share your article in Telegram channel with Instant view template, Telegram caches all the page's content and will deliver it's lightweight version instantly by users requests.
In order to share articles with Instant View in Telegram, Please send a request to Pangea Team to set the template that needs to be used for Instant View.
To improve service promotion and to be discovered easily on a Google News page, we have created option to generate the RSS feed for Editor`s Picks section in the Pangea CMS.
Please, be aware that Google does not support all language for Google News and the Editor`s Pick is not available for all sections. If you are interested in the Google Editor`s Pick, please, visit official Google pages https://support.google.com/news/publisher/answer/1407682 or contact us.
If an author has set up Display Author`s email in their Author Edit Page of Pangea CMS, their email will display on the author's page. If they have also checked the Highlight Author, their email will also display in the Highlighted widget of the author below a content.
4. New Layouts
Two new layouts are provided for layout builder:
- Layout builder had similar template before, but now the news column moved to the right side of the page. It allows you to optimize the view of the site on mobile devices: user will see the main topics of the day first, and only then – list of news. You can find it within 3 column section
- Now you have an option to place long vertical block of news in the middle part of the page. Again: the mobile user will view main topics and only then news. You can find it in 4 column section.
From this release, users will be able to subscribe to one RSS feed that will cover all content of your site. When the RSS feed is enabled will displayed as the first item in the RSS page. If your service will like this option on your site please contact us and we will enable it for your site.
RSS feed "All content" includes the following type of content:
- Live Blog
- Feature Story
- Multimedia Photo Gallery
- Multimedia Video
As an editor now, you have a possibility to make your infographics more relevant on the front end search page of your website.
Previously our search engine was able only to find infographics by the text used in title and description, but after release 7.21 we are adding new field called “Infographic inner Text” for search indexing, where editors can add the text of the infographic, this text will be index by the search, meaning that if a user search with a keyword that is part of the text, the infographics will be listed in the search results.
From release 7.21 the synchronization with Akamai for re-uploaded videos and audios has been improved. The system will encode the new video and as soon as this is done, it will send a request to Akamai to replace it. Now when an editor re-uploads a video or an audio to Pangea, the whole process of getting the new video on the websites went from hours to minutes.
One of the major benefits of HTTPS is that it protects users against man-in-the-middle (MitM) attacks that can be launched from compromised or insecure networks.
We have finished all steps needed to enable HTTPS for all pages of Pangea CMS. The rollout of this HTTPS will be per entity and we will be reaching out to each entity to plan the rollout. The switch should not bring any issues, all front-end sites are already using HTTPS.
Easy way how to reach the most downloaded content on Direct website is introduced with release 7.21. Filters which are already commonly used will be available along with additional inner time filtering.