The Categories Distribution screen (previously Zones Categories) lets you check and adjust how categories are distributed across different channels. For example, you can control which categories are currently displayed in mobile and smart TV apps.
What's inside this article:
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Categories Distribution.
- Use the Category property drop-down menu to select one of the following options:
- Rss Enabled: Manage categories that are displayed on the RSS feed for your website.
- Enable for Mobile Apps: Manage categories that are displayed in mobile and smart TV apps.
- Media Highlight: Manage categories that are promoted on all video and audio content pages.
- Share all content from zone with Direct: Manage categories that automatically share all video and audio content via USAGM Direct.
All categories with the selected Category property enabled are now ticked. For example, when Enable for Mobile Apps is selected, every category that is currently displayed in mobile and smart TV apps is ticked.
The following options are available:
- To enable the Category property for an additional category, tick the box next to the category.
- To disable the Category property for a category, untick the box next to the category.
Click Save to confirm and apply your preferences.
The following options in the Category property drop-down menu are no longer valid:
- Smart TV: This option no longer controls the categories that are displayed in smart TV apps. The Enable for Mobile Apps option now controls which categories are displayed in mobile apps and in smart TV apps.
- Program / Category to highlight in Direct: Due to changes on the USAGM Direct site, these options no longer affect how content is shared and organized. Share all content from zone with Direct is now the only valid option for sharing content via USAGM Direct.
In future releases, we plan to update the Categories Distribution screen to reflect these changes.
For general information about categories in Pangea CMS, refer to the following article:
To learn how to manage the distribution options for individual categories, refer to the following articles:
To learn how to manage the content that appears in Pangea mobile apps, refer to the following article: