What's inside this article:
- About Category distribution
- Manage Category distribution
- Changes to distribution options
- Further recommendations
About Category distribution
The Categories Distribution screen (previously Zones Categories) lets you manage how Categories are shared across different channels and platforms. For example, adjust which Categories are currently visible in mobile / smart TV apps.
You can also set the distribution options for an individual Category on the Edit Category (Zone) screen. However, Categories Distribution lets you manage distribution for multiple Categories simultaneously.
Manage Category distribution
Follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Categories Distribution.
- Use the Category property drop-down menu to select one of the following options:
- Rss Enabled: Manage Categories that available as an RSS feed.
- Enable for Mobile Apps: Manage Categories that are displayed in the mobile / smart TV app.
- Media Highlight: Manage Categories that are promoted on all video and audio content pages.
- Share all content from zone with Direct: Manage Categories that automatically share all video and audio content via USAGM Direct.
All Categories with the selected Category property enabled are now ticked. For example, when Enable for Mobile Apps is selected, every Category that is currently displayed in the mobile / smart TV app is ticked.
The following options are available:
- To enable the Category property for an additional Category, tick the Category box.
- To disable the Category property for a category, untick the Category box.
Click Save to confirm and apply your preferences.
Changes to distribution options
The following options in the Category property drop-down menu are no longer valid:
- Smart TV: This option no longer controls the Categories that are displayed in smart TV apps. The Enable for Mobile Apps option now controls which Categories are displayed in both the mobile and smart TV app.
- Program / Category to highlight in Direct: Due to changes on the USAGM Direct site, these options no longer affect how content is shared and organized. Share all content from zone with Direct is now the only valid option for sharing content via USAGM Direct.
In future releases, we plan to update the Categories Distribution screen to reflect these changes.
The following articles might be helpful: