Instant View pages are extremely lightweight and are cached on the Telegram servers, so they load instantly on pretty much any connection — hence the name.
When you share a link via Telegram and a link preview is generated, Telegram's Instant View bot also checks if it has an Instant View Template for that website. Templates are sets of instructions or rules that teach the Telegram's IV bot to build instant view pages for particular domains or URLs.
If a template exists for the link, the bot uses it to find the relevant content on the page (headings, text, media, embedded elements), remove clutter, and create a slim and beautiful Instant View page.
Anyone can use our Instant View Editor to create templates. Once a template for a URL is approved by Telegram's team, all Telegram users will get the option to view the page in the Instant View format whenever they see a link to it on Telegram.
How to set it up
In order to get for the article page Instant View while sharing in Telegram, use the template, which we'll provide you by request.
To share articles within Telegram with functionality of Instant View, editor has to place special code to the Telegram Interface.
- In order to install template you have to login with your admin credentials for Telegram - phone number of administrator of the channel. Please use this link to login:
After successful login you would end up in the My Templates section:
2. Place to the form URL of any article from your site you wish to share in Instant View, press "enter" - special interface will open:
- Left frame will display original view.
- Please place code, provided by Pangea, to the middle frame.
- Right frame will display Instant view.
In order for Telegram to remember your template and the Rules you have paste there first click onto Track Changes.
3. To share article with Instant view, tap "VIEW IN TELEGRAM" (top right corner).
4. You will be offered to share the link in one of your channels (in desktop version of Telegram) and after posting your article it would be visible as instant article.
- Articles, you share with Instant View, must not content any video (they will be shared without Instant View), as at the moment only some of the video formats are supported;
- You still can share articles without Instant View in usual order;
- Instant View is visible only on Mobile devices;
- This workflow can be simplifyed and return to usual after approval RFE/RL sites by Telegram team (adding them to the official list of sites, which have Instant View template).