This article contains information about the automatic distribution of text-based content to social media.
What's inside this article:
- About automatic content distribution
- Distribute content
- Add a post message
- Manage automation settings
- Further recommendations
About content distribution
Pangea CMS is partnered with the third-party Targetings platform, which facilitates the automatic distribution of text-based content to social media.
Pangea CMS supports automatic distribution to social media for the following content types:
- Feature Story
Automatic distribution is available for the following social media platforms:
To distribute a content item to one or more social media accounts:
- Click Social media in the left panel on the content item's edit screen.
- Optionally add a social media Title, Introduction, and Teaser image. For detailed information, see the following article:
- Under Distribution, optionally enter a Post message.
- Tick the box next to each account where you want to share the content item. The All channels option appears for services with more than 3 available accounts.
- Click Save or Save & close to confirm and apply your preferences.
IMPORTANT: After you click Save or Save & close, the Distribution settings are locked and it is not possible to change them.
The content item is now distributed to Targetings. Depending on the automation settings for your service, the content item may or may not be immediately visible in the selected social media account(s).
Add a post message
You can add a plain-text post message, which introduces the content item in every social media account where it is shared.
The text for the post message is generated as follows (if 1 is not filled, the text is taken from 2, then 3, and so on):
- The Post message field in the Distribution settings.
- The Introduction field in the Social media settings.
- The Introduction field in the Website teaser settings.
- The Introduction field in the General settings.
- The first characters from the Content. The number of characters varies according to the word limit for the Post message that is set for your service.
Manage automation settings
Automation settings control when content shared via Pangea CMS is publicly visible in the selected social media accounts. For example, you can set a minimum time interval between new posts, or block new posts during certain time windows. To make a request regarding automation settings for your service, contact us.
The following article might be helpful: