What's inside this article:
About embedding maps
Where can I embed maps?
You can embed maps into the following pages and widgets:
- Text-based content pages:
- FactCheck pages
- Feature stories
- Live blog posts
Embed a map
Follow these steps to embed a map:
- Hit the Insert Embedded Content icon in CKEditor.
- Select Map.
- In the Search location text box, enter the name of the location you want to display on the map. Select the Search icon to view a list of the matching results.
- Select the location you want to display. The location appears on the Map.
- In the Label text box, optionally enter a label that is displayed below the map on the public website.
- The map pin is displayed by default. If you do not want to display the pin, untick the box next to Display map pin.
- The following additional options are available for adjusting the map:
- Zoom in and zoom out using the + (plus) and - (minus) icons.
- Drag the map to show a different area. If you want the pin to move with you, untick the box next to Lock map pin. Otheriwse, the pin will stay in its original position.
- Select Insert map.
The map is now embedded.
The following articles might be helpful: